Health and wellbeing

It is important to look after yourself and stay healthy whether or not you are in work.

When reading advice online, in this website and in others, you must judge for yourself what is useful and appropriate for you

If you are unwell you should consider whether you should seek advice from your doctor or NHS 111

If you have any urgent concern please see the following list, where help and support can be accessed from the following organisations:

Other external services:

Refer yourself for NHS Talking Therapy – Talking therapies can be very helpful if you are experiencing stress, low mood, depression or anxiety.

NHS Mental Health services – Mental health services are free on the NHS. Your mental health is important and you should get help if you need it. Find out about the different ways to get help with your mental health, the process, and your rights.

Samaritans – The Samaritans are available to talk to at any time. You can call  them on free on 116 123, or email them at [email protected]

Mind – The charity Mind provides advice and support, including a helpline for anyone with a mental health problem

Access to Work for mental health services by applying for support from Able Futures or Maximus. Funded by the DWP, it is available at no charge to any employees with depression, anxiety, stress or other mental health issues affecting their work. They will contact Access to Work on your behalf. You will not need to tell your employer.

NHS – The NHS provides advice on health and wellbeing and improving mental health. You can find and register with a doctor (GP) and if you don’t already have one.

NHS on Autism – The NHS guide on autism, including on getting a diagnosis and practical information.

The Mix counselling service – The Mix Counselling service is suitable for you if you are looking for short-term help with your mental health and emotional wellbeing. For young people up to the age of 25.

Stop, Breathe, Think – a mental health service for young people up to age 21.